My first marketing assignment

Topic 1:
I enrolled in this class because it is required for my degree.

Yes, my major is an associates degree in business administration.

The thing that I am most interested about learning in this class is how marketing is going to help my when I finish my degree and have a career.

Outside of college, I am passionate about art. I am a very creative person and love to draw and make sculptures out of clay. I even have an art Instagram account(@exploremymind101) so go follow my page.

Topic 2:

According to an article from Business Insider, the rival beauty stores Ulta Beauty and Sephora were compared against each other to see which was a better beauty store. As an end result, Ulta Beauty ended taking the win.

The main focus that Ulta Beauty provides is both luxury and drug store brands. This appeals to a variety of shoppers on budgets looking for good quality products. From $3 to $100, Ulta carries upward of 500 brands. It competes with not only other beauty retailers, but with drug stores and salons too because its stores offer a full suite of beauty services. 90% of this stores locations are in Suburban strip malls instead of enclosed shopping malls, increasing the success of their business.

On the other hand, Sephora focuses on providing luxury brands, the high quality and expensive brands. This business has more locations in shopping malls and plans on expanding out of malls into smaller open locations. They also plan on brining in more exclusive releases and running programs such as a beauty startup accelerator.

While Sephora focuses on selling high end products, Ulta Beauty focuses on selling luxury, drugstore, hair and skin care products, appealing more to customers. Ulta also offers sale and discounts, which beats the prices at Sephora. Overall, Ulta has more to offer than Sephora, especially for those shoppers on a budget.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Case Study

Social Listening